Hurricane Garage Door Brace
Garage Door Brace
Vertical Hurricane Garage Door Bracing System
No longer available from
garage door is potentially the largest and weakest opening...
- Florida Building Code approved (FL2364);
exceeds ASTM E330 and SBCCI retrofit wind speed standards.
- Patented with a unique telescoping
design that enables the brace to fit almost all garage doors.
- Brackets attach to hinges to keep the
door from blowing in or being sucked out and are adjustable to permit the
brace to be installed on doors with horizontal braces.
- The brace is anchored into the wall
above the garage door, into the garage floor, and to each hinge, providing
the necessary reinforcement of the garage door tracks.
- Made of high-quality aircraft-grade
aluminum that is lightweight yet incredibly strong; each brace weighs less
than 15 pounds.
- Selected by the University of Florida
for their Windstorm Training Center hurricane-resistant model homes.
- Does not remain permanently attached to
the garage door.
- Provides protection against up to
180 mph winds
(dependent upon the quality, condition type of material used in the
fabrication of your garage door).
- Much less expensive than hurricane-resistant
garage doors and garage door shutters.
- More effective than retrofitted horizontal garage
- Can be set up in three minutes or less should a
- Does not attach permanently to the garage door;
stores inconspicuously and conveniently out of the way.
- Does not require a building permit for purchase
- May qualify you for some type of homeowners
- Fits almost all garage doors.
- Lightweight, requires no maintenance.
- Reinforces the garage door and provides an anchor
and support in addition to the garage door tracks.
Terms and Conditions
Hurricane Depot, Inc. ♦ Phone
305-234-0796 ♦ Fax 305-356-1001 ♦
Copyright © by 1999 Hurricane DepotTM.
All rights reserved.